- Serves as a resource to the APTA Indiana membership on practice and payment issues.
- Establishes working relationships with payer contacts.
- Communicates with the APTA Indiana Board of Directors (BOD).
- Maintains a physical therapy payment database.
- Communicates and collaborates with the APTA Indiana Practice and Payment Committee and APTA.
- Represents APTA Indiana in advocacy efforts directed at Third Party payers.
- A licensed physical therapist is a preferred candidate for this position, but it is not a requirement.
- A member of APTA is preferred for this position, but it is not a requirement.
- Strong understanding of the physical therapy scope of practice.
- Ability to work and communicate with a variety of people and adjust terminology appropriately: members, legislators, consumers, payers etc…
- Knowledge of practice and payment in various practice settings.