Statewide: $500 was donated by the INAPTA to be a silver member for the global PT day of Service.
Awareness and participation has increased year to year, we have thus far been focusing on increasing participation at the district level, and hope to increase cooperation between districts across the state moving forward!
North Central District: Planned two events for the Global PT day of Service 2020.
- Donation Drive for the Center of the Homeless – The North Central district was able to provide 5 boxes of items for the Center for the Homeless. Items included were- diapers, diaper wipes, feminine products, lotion, sunscreen, cough drops, socks, and tissue. The items were dropped off by an APTA member on October 3rd, 2020.
- Virtual Neighborhood Clean-up- ten individuals participated in virtual neighborhood clean-up. The virtual neighborhood clean-up cleaned up areas in South Bend, Syracuse, and Indianapolis, Indiana. The participants were requested to take a picture of themselves performing the clean up as well as the scavenger hunt to be entered into two drawings. There was over 140 pieces of trash collected covering at least 15 various materials. The winners of the drawings were Ani Wallach a PT in Goshen, IN and Abby Brown a PT student in Indianapolis.
South East District: Planned a Fall yard clean-up for senior members at LifeSpan community for PT day of Service 2020. There were seven members who participated in the clean-up safely wearing masks, maintaining social distance when able, and utilizing gloves.
North East District: Decided to do a virtual donation drive for the Fort Wayne Rescue Mission. More details to come.
Central District: Central district participated in one outdoor projects and several virtual projects this year.
- An outdoor/socially distanced clean up at IU Student Outreach clinic
- Virtual Sleeves up Blood Drive through American Red Cross
- Virtual Neighborhood clean-up
- Letters against isolation letter writing campaign for seniors
Northwest District: Participated in Virtual Sleeves up Blood Drive through American Red Cross
Southwest District: Still working on connecting with this district on a project