Good Afternoon, Members:
I am sending this email to remind you that Anthem is going to start using AIM as its UM vendor for pre-authorization for its commercial plans. AIM has added more webinars to provide training to Anthem providers. I urge you to register for one of these training sessions ASAP. Click HERE to access the AIM Provider Webinar Schedule
The schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, May 21, 2019 – 1:00 PM PST / 2:00 PM MST / 3:00 PM CST / 4:00 PM EST (Anthem)
- Thursday, May 23, 2019 – 8:00 AM PST / 9:00 AM MST / 10:00 AM CST / 11:00 AM EST (Anthem)
- Wednesday, May 29, 2019 – 11:00 AM PST / 12:00 PM MST / 1:00 PM CST / 2:00 PM EST (Anthem)
- Thursday, June 6, 2019 – 8:00 AM PST / 9:00 AM MST / 10:00 AM CST / 11:00 AM EST (Anthem)
- Tuesday, June 11, 2019 – 8:00 AM PST / 9:00 AM MST / 10:00 AM CST / 11:00 AM EST (Anthem)
- Thursday, June 13, 2019 – 12:00 PM PST / 1:00 PM MST / 2:00 PM CST / 3:00 PM EST (Anthem)
- Wednesday, June 19, 2019 – 12:00 PM PST / 1:00 PM MST / 2:00 PM CST / 3:00 PM EST (Anthem)
- Tuesday, June 25, 2019 – 1:00 PM PST / 2:00 PM MST / 3:00 PM CST / 4:00 PM EST (Anthem)
As many of you are Anthem Medicaid providers also, you went through this roll out on April 1, 2019. Most of you ran into many problems, which I, as your chapter representative, along with other chapters and APTA, had taken up with AIM and Anthem. Now we are into 6 weeks of that roll out so I want to hear from you if things have improved or if you are still having issues. Our dialog with them continues, therefore I need your help to let me know if you are still experiencing issues and you can use the following format.
- Are you still having technical issues like website crashes, portal being down, long wait on telephone, etc…?
- Administrative Burden: How long is it taking to input, response time, is clerical staff able to handle all the questions or do the therapists have to get on the phone?
- Authorizations: Are the number of visits appropriate for the diagnosis, is the date range reasonable or are you having to keep on reapplying every few weeks, are you able to provide care to your patients without interrupting their care? How many visits are they typically authorizing the first time and second time? In other words is there a pattern to their authorizations?
I do send each of your comments on to Anthem as well as AIM.
So, if you are still having these issues, please let me know. If their website is crashing and you know the date and time, that would be helpful too.
Thank you for your help as well as your membership in INAPTA.
Dolly Phadke, PT, CEEAA – email@example.com
INAPTA Practice and Payment Chair